Here are five quick things to focus on if you’re considering buying a home this spring.
Looking for a Home? Click here to search for homes in Naperville
Selling a Home? Click here for a FREE home estimate
When you choose to work with Graham Real Estate Group in Naperville, we take you through our signature Home Buyer Guide, which includes an excellent road map detailing the entire process.
In the meantime, I’m going to share some tips with you today on what you can be doing to prepare for a home purchase in spring 2020.
1. Know what your buying power is. Sit down with a local, qualified mortgage lender and go over principle, interest, taxes, and insurance to find out exactly how much property you can afford to buy.
2. Find out what area you want to live in. What town—and what area in that town—seems like a good fit for you?
It’s always a bonus to work with a real estate agent you’re comfortable with.
3. Decide what style of home you’re interested in. Drive around neighborhoods and see what catches your eye. Oftentimes, homeowners are looking for features they already enjoy in their current homes, and other times they’re looking for improved features.
4. Think about the extra items important to you. Is there a specific school district you want to be in? Where are the nearest shopping centers?
5. Know your home’s market value. If you currently own your home, it’s important to not only know it’s value but also know the ways in which you can improve that value over time so that when that perfect house hits the market in spring, you’re ready to take action.
It’s always a bonus to work with a real estate agent you’re comfortable with—one who knows your specific situation and works closely with your lender to help you make moves on the right home for you.
If you reach out to us, we can walk you through this process right now and be a trusted point of contact for you. We also encourage you to give us a call or send us an email if you have any other general real estate questions. We’re always happy to help.